Since its establishment as an office in UN Environment Programme's Science Division, GRID-Geneva has received considerable support from Swiss and local authorities and institutions. This support and collaboration was significantly reinforced with the signing of a "Partnership Agreement" between UN Environment Programme, the Swiss Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN) and the University of Geneva in June 1998. The Partnership Agreement has since been renewed five times (in 2001, 2005, 2009, 2013 and 2019). The current partnership runs until end of 2023.
An extract of the partnership is available here below:
An advisory board meets regularly to provide strategic guidance and advices on the role and activities of UNEP/GRID-Geneva.
Current members of the UNEP/GRID-Geneva partnership Advisory Board
- Jian Liu, Director, Science Division
- Alexandre Caldas, Chief, Big Data Branch, Science Division
- Bruno Pozzi, Director, Europe Office
- Pascal Peduzzi, Director, UNEP/GRID-Geneva, Science Division
- Sibylle Vermont, deputy head, Global Affairs Section
- Karin Fink, environmental reporting
University of Geneva: